The observations of Dr. Rupert Sheldrake are that "The conventional scientific assumption is that they [images] are inside the brain. But this theory may be radically wrong. Our images may be outside us" (Sheldrake, Seven Experiments, P. 99). |
Dr. Jacob Liberman, a pioneer in the therapeutic use of light, states that "The human body is like a sieve; it is built to allow energy to flow through it" (Liberman, Light, P. 177).
The ideas that vision may involve a two-way process and that the eyes are neurologically connected and allow energy to flow through the visual system give creditability to this different theoretical visual model that presents a different direction for science to analyze and study.
My vision quest began as I first experienced seeing controlled, vivid, mysterious negative afterimages and experimented with six different visual variations. I visualized myself as "light" on a journey through the visual system while doing the necessary research. I diagramed the different visual variations in order to see the whole of how vision works and include:
Next: Positive and Negative Afterimages
- Positive and negative afterimage experiments brought forth many missing links that show the true functions of the retina and brain. Surprising clues surfaced showing how vision is a multistage integration of visual fragments and sequences.
- Microscopic vision experiments show the truth to physicist Frithof Capra conclusion that "Self-oranizing systems not only have the tendency to maintain themselves in their state of dynamic balance but also show the opposite, yet complementary, tendency to transcend themselves to reach out creatively beyond their boundaries and generate new structures and new forms of organization. (Capra, Uncommon Wisdom, p. 203-4)
- Parallel focus experiments spewed forth missing links for understanding the separation of the right and left visual fields and location and size differences of the visual field images. A parallel focus of image solidity vs transparency became apparent and understandable.
- Cross-eyed focus experiments show supporting evidence that the visual fields remain separate and that the visual fields determine the background and foreground. Additional evidence surfaces that both eye's right visual field images are smaller and more distant and the left visual field imags are closer and larger. An alluring surprise pops up when the visual axises cross. A second major clue surfaces that show beyond all doubt how vision is a multistage integration of visual signals. Eidetic imagery provides further evidence of the visual field layered effects.
- Stereogram focus using the parallel or cross-eyed focus continue to show the differences between 2-D and 3-D vision, visual field affects, and how the visual field signals are layered.
- Stereoscope vision brings forth the understanding that an individual does not need to retrain the eye muscles in order to experience the effects of a parallel or cross-eyed focus. The stereoscope is an optical instrument that creatively goes beyond the visual boundaries to show the eye's opposite form of organization to achieve the parallel and cross-eyed focus effects.
- The Eye-Brain Holographic Model is the end result of many visual experiments, thoughts, study, research, analysis, and divergent conclusions. The experience came first, then using deductive reasoning led to a different direction in holography for science to analyze and study in order to develop a new laser holographic microscope.
- Microscopes - Dennis Gabor's motivation to invent holography was to improve the electron microscope. Is a new direction in holography needed?